Monday, December 13, 2010

not a bag lady

I’m not a bag person, I’m not a shoe person either really. I have a few favourites and use them forever. The only other bags I ever use are enviro bags for the shopping.

I only like messenger style bags. This is because I am very capable of losing them and so the messenger became my saviour as I didn’t have to hold onto it anymore, it held on to me. This bag was bought at Witchery many years ago but never really used until the last few years.

The strap wasn’t long enough so I attached my grandma 80's gold and black leather chain belt to lengthen it. I’ve used it pretty much every day since! It fits perfectly across the body and can hold everything you’ll ever need, even the chunkiest heels at the end of the night. It’s also black so it goes with practically everything.

My next bag was bought in Bali at the Magali Pascal boutique. It’s smaller and can be used as a clutch. It’s my dressy bag.

It also combines two loves – studs and fringing.

My next bag is for when a black bag just won’t work. It’s also great for travelling. I picked it up from a store on Brunswick St for $30 and it’s the best vintage find I’ve ever, er, found. We call it my Pony.

Lastly, this is what usually goes in my bag, give or take a few bobby pins and receipts. Oh and my camera but that couldn’t be in the picture now could it.

Stella Perfume, Emily & Leo purse, Keys, Lists, Blistex, iphone, sunnies and loose change because I get lazy and just chuck money into my bag and not the purse and then get angry when a $20 note flies out because I’m also so lazy that often I don’t zip up the bag either.

3 comments:

  1. I have a witchery bag too, and use it almost exclusively. It's been used almost every day for about 3 years and is still going strong! Yours is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bags - i like that you changed the chain on the first one - i need to keep remembering to do this!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I wasn't such a bag and shoe lady! Admirable restraint! :)

    ReplyDelete