Thursday, August 11, 2011

st edmonds - the bloody mary

It's been a long time between posts and now because I'm writing for work I don't often feel the need to blog. I did come across something yesterday which I believe is quite blog worthy and quite fitting as it was the reason I began this blog in the first place. I returned to St Edmond's and they've  got a bloody mary on their menu just like they promised they would.


I quickly ordered myself one and was told that the maker was the 2009 world champion bloody mary maker. This turned out to be a lie, however, they do use a semi-secret ingredient of adding Shiraz to the tomato juice mix. Strange, very strange. But good, very good.


There's some nice chunks of ice, chilli hit as well sliced red chilli's and a (unnecessary, in my opinion) cucumber garnish. St Edmonds is not the cheapest place to have breakfast, lunch or dinner really and my fellow diner was not too keen on the service but I think she might be getting to used to those organic yoga cafes in Bondi.

Talking purely bloody mary appreciation this one rates a 9/10 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment