Sunday, May 29, 2011

elk

Surgery tomorrow so no more posts for a while unless you want the rantings of me hopped up on pain meds. I won't be eating much or wearing anything of interest either.



(look at that blue sky, it was almost beach weather)

I had my last meal out at a place in Broadbeach called Elk Espresso. It's such a relaxing place that we hung out nursing our breakfasts for such a long time that I got sunburnt and over anxious from way too much coffee.



The Gold Coast inspires healthy eating and so the order of the day was one of the best bircher muesli's I've had in a long time and fig toast with rasberry jam. Fig toast rocks my world.



I'm always struck by the number of Gold Coast breakfast spots that don't have a liquor license and so don't serve Bloody Marys. Is it more a Melbourne thing to get a bit tippley at breaky?

See you in a few weeks xx


Elk Espresso

16 Chelsea Avenue, Broadbeach

3 comments:

  1. I love how the sunny weather makes me want to eat healthier. Meanwhile now I just want carbs! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum...I love me some muesli in the morning! I always find the texture of bircher a little weird though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm.. muesli.. my fave breakie!
    lee x

    ReplyDelete