Thursday, May 19, 2011

st edmonds

A little bit bleary eyed from an over consumption of red wine on Friday night we headed to Prahran to try out St Edmonds. The cafe/restaurant is tucked into an old garage just off Greville Street.

I really liked the sweet little touches the menus which remind me of old school time cards in sleeves and Strawberry Shortcake would be pleased with the strawberry planters dotted around the place. They’ve also somehow managed to get a range of really hot staff which is always a nice touch.

Eggs were the order of the day. I ordered a fancy ham, cheese and tomato toastie with poached eggs on top. I loved the little touch of baby coriander sprouts, at least I think that’s what my tastebuds thought they were.

Chris, likes to think of himself as a Eggs Benny aficionado so that's what he ordered. The hollandaise was really tangy just how he likes it.

Both of our eggs were crazy fresh and had the runniest centres. Almost, too runny if you don’t like barely cooked yolks like we do. The coffees were weak but the orange juice was delicious and ispection of the lunch, dinner and specials menu ensures we’ll be coming back. The wine list also looks pretty good and I’m told that they will be adding a much needed bloody mary to the breakfast menu.

2 comments:

  1. Hrm, must add it to the "breakie places to try" list. Seems a bloody mary would have helped make it a complete meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have definitely gone well with my eggs and the hangover!

    ReplyDelete