Thursday, January 12, 2012

talking 'bout my favourite restaurant

I've said before that Cicciolina has never really hit the mark with us so it was a wonderful, lovely, sensational surprise when we tried Ilona Staller. It was love at first bite and sight.



I'm not sure if it was the retro bar which serves of fantastic martinis, the lovely waiters and bartender or the delicious food. It been hot so the cool air-con is a bit of a turn on as well. I almost wanted to head down there and curl up on one of the couches during that heatwave.



We've been looking for a local for so long. A place that you go to which is casual enough for a mid-week meal but can also be fantastic on a special occasion night. I can also walk there and back in high heels.



We had a 3 course meal there just before Christmas (which was a great start in stretching our bellies before the big day). We ended up in a little bit of a mess and walked home in Paula Abdul's footsteps - two steps forwards and two steps back.




(Acne shirt, Suno skirt, Estelle Deve Rings, ridiculous expression courtesy of 2 Dirty Martinis and a bottle of Chablis)

I recommend absolutely everything on the menu - the triple cooked quack, the small bites, that lemony dessert and my god the venison is truly something special.



The breakfast is also great, the Breakfast Martini made with lime marmalade is exceptional. The only thing I'm not sold on is the truffled grits with poached eggs. perhaps I'm just not a grits kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment