Thursday, May 5, 2011

mussels and beer

Eating mussels and drinking beer on a Sunday night is a pretty spectacular thing in our house. We’re usually dying with a hangover and eating pizza. This weekend past was a little different though as my sister’s show, Dance Academy, was up for a Logie.

I decided I’d cook steamed mussels with tomato sofrito, chorizo and chilli. I basically followed this Gourmet Traveller recipe but wanted to add some more spice and used blue mussels as that’s all my fish guy had.

I twittered the other day that it’s hard to beat a baguette with butter. But you can! A buttered baguette dipped into the spicy, soupy remains.

We also celebrated with a few beers from Doss Blockos, a Victorian micro brew. I’m not much of a beer drinker but one sip of this and I was hooked.

And then my sister won a Logie and I drank a bottle of red and ended up with a hangover on Monday instead of Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I haven't had mussels in quite awhile - I'll have to remedy this. And congrats to your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yum - the mussels look good (coming from a non-mussel fan lol). Mm.. I think a bit of "hair of the dog" cures a hangover doesn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete