Sunday, October 3, 2010

chicken = good

It’s chicken sandwich time of year again with Grand Finals and Spring Racing fast approaching. I know I'm not reinventing the wheel but I think my mix is the shiznit.

Step 1 Poached chicken breasts with an onion, bay leaf and peppercorns, once the chicken is cooked drain and leave it to cool.

Step 2 Chop chives, spring onion, celery and chicken and mix together.

Step 3 Combine it all with some good quality whole egg mayo and season with salt and pepper.

chicken sandwich assembly line

Step 4 Spread the mix onto a slice of wholemeal or white bread and cover with another slice making a sandwich. There’s no point being stingy with the mix.

Step 5 Cut off the crusts and then cut them into triangles or fingers.

Step 6 Stuff!

On Grand Final Day Take 2 (GO PIES!) I made wholemeal and white bread fingers. This is the plate underneath them in case you are wondering. It came from Fat.

On Grand Final Day Take 1, I made some Collingwood and St Kilda themed cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment