Thursday, October 14, 2010

tea and toast and flanny

Toast first.



Eggs with their heads cut off is a comfort meal to me. My mother made these for me when I was little and then when I was in year 12 doing exams. She’d stand, knife poised to shell and say “OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!” They work well for hangovers too and winter lunches. I love eggs and vegemite and if I’d had an avocado around I would have smeared my toast with that too.

Tea next.



I bought this tea from the tea shop, Kusmi, in the Marais in Paris. It’s Chinese black tea flavoured with violet flowers. I think I would have liked the tea to have more of a violet taste but I’m not sure, maybe it’s best I don’t feel like I’m drinking from a vase. It’s nice with a little bit of sugar.


My father bought me this desktop teapot from Zero Japan. It was either a really lovely gift or he’d like me chained to my desk more.
Whatever his motives, it works.



And Flanny

I bought this flanny 3 years ago from the Safeway just off Chapel. It's oversized, soft from so much washing and worn way too much. Especially when I'm eating toast and drinking tea.



1 comment:

  1. hehe these are two if my favorite comfortnfoods! That tea sounds amazing! I love how prolifically they use violet in France! :)

    ReplyDelete