Wednesday, February 23, 2011

miss chu

Off and away and into the city I go to catch up with friends at Miss Chu. I’d read about the Sydney hole in the wall restaurant on Not Quite Nigella and was so excited to hear that a friend’s brother had opened up one in town. That’s Miss Chu on her entry visa into Australia.

You can’t book here but we were lucky that we had a table for four saved for us. Half way into our meal there was a huge line out the takeaway door.

You can eat in, pick up your own take away or these little beauties deliver your meal within a 1km or so radius. Convenient.

Once again not many pictures of the food as I was:

1. Too hungry and the service was so quick there was no waiting around to get out the camera or I would have missed out on hot dumpling goodness
2. Gossiping
3. Wondering if men prefer girls who wear socks (that’s for you Frances).

I highly recommend the Beef, lemongrass rice vermicelli noodle salad.

Action shot.

We also devoured the Vegan vermicelli noodle salad which was deliciously good and made me wonder why I wasn’t a vegan. Then I found out the secret was some kind of sugar on the funghi and tofu, cheeky. Two rounds of the Shanghai dumplings, Peking duck rolls and king prawn ricepaper rolls and we were rolling out the door. There was more to try and I can’t wait for a return visit (or for one to open up in my neck of the woods so I don't have to brave driving AND parking in the city).

So what do you wear to Miss Chu’s? Nicholas shirt, Alice McCall skirt, Gorman Clogs and new Karen Walker cuff, of course.

Brass playing car drivers, it's like a scene out of On The Road.

3 comments:

  1. I love your skirt! Is that new season? Don't think I"ve come across it before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from last Summer, but there's a pretty similar type one available now. It's a steal as well.

    ReplyDelete