Sunday, July 11, 2010

can you say salsa?

I went back to Las Chicas in Balaclava today for the the SLAB (salsa, lettuce, avocado, bacon sandwich) and the awesome service. I love that the BLT family is growing and you can find a variation or two at most breakfast places. I'm especially fond of a BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato) with a side of chutney.

Chris helped me out and ordered a bloody mary in the name of research. It got full marks for taste and price but we were a little saddened by a droopy head of celery poking out the top. The back courtyard is great spot for breakfast or lunch in winter. Actually, the last time I was here I was a little under the weather and vaguely remarked how nice it was to have the sun on my back. On further inspection it was a heater.




The Las Chicas china cabinet

I checked out the Melbourne Design Markets for the first time on Sunday and found it mostly to be a bit disappointing. I hoped to find some great new art for my bedroom but all I seemed to find was stall upon stall of people selling gift cards. I did manage to find myself a few presents. I bought this paper crane mobile which Harry (the cat) seems fixated on. I woke up to him this morning staring at it, what a creep. I also bought a ring but more on that later.



My favourite crane

No comments:

Post a Comment