Monday, July 19, 2010

urban crops

I love fresh flowers and having them in my house just makes me so happy it's a bit ridiculous. I usually pick up a few bunches from Prahran Markets or Rocky’s on Chapel Street but recently Chris brought home these tulips from Urban Crop. These flowers come with their root system still attached and living in their own soil inside a brown paper bag – this means they live longer and also give you clean air.



At $25 I think they make a great birthday present or housewarming gift. They also come in lots of colours, we had some purple tulips which were very pretty too but I much prefer white flowers.



These are my succulents which I guess is my own version of an urban crop. I like succulents as they don’t need much water to make them happy. When I do give them water I like to say “Suck on this succulents”. As you can see Melbourne isn’t giving them the sun they need at the moment.



And lastly, my little chilli bush. Something is eating the leaves but the chillis are still thriving. It would have to be a pretty hardcore bug to eat chilli. From my last big haul I made a sambal but I think next time I will try making chilli oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment