Tuesday, July 6, 2010

melbourne winter survival kit

Pie. This little one here is a chicken, leek and vegetable pie and it was my dinner. Next I want to try this lamb shank, red wine and rosemary pie.


Pudding.
This Weight Watchers chocolate upside down pudding is so tasty. I’ve tried their Lemon Sponge and Sticky Date and they don’t really compare.




Vodka.
I live up the road from a brilliant bottle shop called Acland Cellars. They have 600 types of beer but then they also have a great spirits collection. The good folk there recommended I try Snow Queen which is from Kazakhstan and is mined from frozen underground vodka lakes by Cossacks and is shipped to us on the backs of reindeer. All you need to mix it with is some soda water, lime and mint if you have it.



Wool. Wool clothing is a must and it keeps you 10 times warmer. Wool scarves, cardigans, mittens - this scarf is from American Vintage.




No comments:

Post a Comment