Friday, July 23, 2010

home is where the bacon is

Yesterday’s breakfast at Leroy Espresso had all the makings of being brilliant but it just didn’t stack up. I ordered the gluten free breaky of corn bread, homemade baked beans, bacon, avocado and ordered a poached egg at the suggestion of the waiter. I don’t think I’m a convert to cornbread and is it just me or do homemade baked beans not compare to Heinz beans in a can? I will go back to Leroy’s though as I love the orange couches and the staff really friendly.

Sometimes, it is just more fun to stay at home in your trackies. Behold my bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayo on toasted ciabatta.

The secret ingredient is my tomato sauce. It reminds me of my Nana for some reason.

It was the perfect breakfast after a night on the tiles. I went to Maeve Fox in Richmond for a friend’s birthday. I love the fit out, especially the birds nest light. It's hard to believe it's owned by the same people as Katuk in South Yarra.

Anyway, I’m spending the day at home cuddling with Harry. Did you know that when a cat head butts you it means he is saying “You are mine”.


2 comments:

  1. Dear S
    That meeting at Sassafrass seems about a decade ago (it must be 5 years?). I remember your Karen Walker -do you still own it? I used to love Custo but it's all gone to the Salvation Army now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I sold my Karen Walker to a shop, I wish I didn't. I love your blog and seeing Brisbane through your eyes, makes me a bit nostalgic. I should visit more often.

    ReplyDelete