Thursday, July 15, 2010

love like a sunset

I walk along the bay from Elwood to Middle Park most days. I much prefer the walk in winter as the sunsets are amazing and the dogs are allowed to roam along most of the beach. I love watching the dogs but I find it hard not to fall to my knees and throw my arms around them. Tonight (for the second time) I witnessed a proposal. I'm not sure about public proposals but here is the aftermath of rose petals.



Tonight's sunset was beautiful but this one a few weeks ago was even better.



I sent this photo to my father and he sent back this photo of his Chirashi Sushi from our favourite Gold Coast restaurant, Amimoto. I'm not sure which picture is prettier.




Amimoto is a little hole in the wall restaurant in Surfers Paradise which my family has been going to for around 25 years. I always order the Tamagodon which is the vegetarian version of Oyakadon. It costs $6.80 and comes with pickles, miso and because we're regulars a bowl of green tea or sesame ice cream. I haven't found a Japanese resturant in Melbourne that comes close to Amimoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment