Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hola! spanish galleon

As you all know I’m not afraid of a mid week bloody mary but you should have seen me umm’ing and ahh’ing over whether to get the Spanish Galleon or the plain old Galleon. The plain old Galleon ain’t so plain as it is made with clamato juice which I was told was made from the juice of clams and tomatoes*. I was only just talking about this drink on Sunday night and was told that even though all instincts say no you should say yes to a clamato juiced drink. I still couldn’t and went with what I know.

The Spanish Galleon (from The Galleon) came with decently spiced (althought one would thought it would be more fiery being Spanish and all) and two meaty olives. Also, I think this must have to be one of the prettiest stalks of celery I’ve ever seen. I’m a sucker for symmetry.

On the way home I picked a flower for my mini presse fleur which was a lovely little present from Lulu.

Let’s wait and see what happens. This is a four leaf clover from Venice that lives in my wallet. Manna (my sister) has a knack for finding them. She says that the Leprechauns lead her to them by popping into her peripheral vision and then popping out again, where she has ‘seen’ them she finds a four leaf clover!

*I’ve conducted further research (used wiki and not just info from a friend in a pub) Clamato juice is made of tomato juice and is flavoured with spices and clam broth. It doesn’t sound so bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment