Sunday, August 8, 2010

patience is its own reward

Patience is something I lack. It's probably not something a cook should be missing. I cook on the highest temperatures possible and use the microwave to speed things up a fair bit. So I thought with my lazy Sunday I'd try something new and slow cook. I'm trying Terry Durack's Red lamb shank curry with coconut. I added a few additions like green beans and bean shoots.



While it was cooking very, very slowly I drank this wine. I gave up drinking Sav Blanc earlier this year but this is really nice and interesting. The website tells me it has passionfruit and melon aromas.


And read Melina Marchetta's The Piper's Son and cuddled my bear, Joshua. Yes, I'm 26 and still read teen literature and have a teddy bear.



I am so glad I was patient.




No comments:

Post a Comment