Tuesday, August 10, 2010

black shoe shuffle

My faithful sequin sneakers have fallen apart, my black converse give me blisters and I find my French Sole flats a bit twee so I've been without a flat, black shoe now for a week. My sister has graciously lent me her Melissa for Vivienne Westwood gumboots. I usually hate those plastic Melissa shoes (the ones with the love hearts make me especially angry) but they seem much more practical in a gumboot. I could put them to good use yesterday!

There was a poem I learnt when I was little and it was about a little boy who hates socks, one line went “And then I put my long boots on and play out in the rain.” So I took the kids advice and frolicked in some puddles. The only problem with these booties is that they are only ankle height so you get rebound splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment