Monday, August 9, 2010

signs

I’ve been seeing signs everywhere. Like this one on the side of a van next to the bay.


And this one. I have no idea what it's advertising but I like it.


There is also this one outside of Monarch Cake Shop.

I decided I should listen to this sign. I was also keen as a friend of my parents had told me that I had to try to Kooglehoupf at Monarch Cake Shop on Acland Street. When I heard the name Kooglehoupf it conjured up the image of cinnamony, fruity, christmas-like cake but to my absolute delight it was “like a chocolate croissant but SO MUCH BETTER,” according to the girl behind the counter.


The chocolate inside is quite bitter, like dark chocolate so I think if I just had a glass of red wine to go with it I would be on my way to antioxidant heaven.

I always think the cakes in these shops look impessive but don't taste delicious. This one did, the signs led me to it and it was fate. Maybe Monarchh Cake Shop is just better than the rest? Do you have a favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment