Monday, August 16, 2010

what a corker

Years ago I got my hands on everything and anything Karen Walker – suits, dresses, knits, skirts, tops – you name it I coveted it. There’s only a few bits and pieces which have survived today, like the blue t-shirt below. I also have the peach scarecrow t-shirt from that same collection.


This is me in Bali last year with one of my favourite drinks. I lived on this Nescafe milk in a can thing and Padang food. Padang is kind of like the local take away which comes wrapped up in a paper bag and you get things like rice, beans, potato cakes, beef rendang, curries etc. A lot of people have a thing against Kuta but I love it.

Anyway, back to the clothes. I bought this Karen Walker dress on Saturday. It looks a lot like a Cacharel sailor outfit I had when I was little.

The sleeves are all puffed up and yep, that’s a Karen Walker carousel horse I’m wearing around my neck. I don’t take it off.

I actually kind of dig it with this Zara jacket too. These shoes completed my sailor outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment