Sunday, August 1, 2010

these are a few of my favourite things...

There are severe weather warnings in Melbourne at the moment (30 minutes ago it was sunny like a Spring day, nice one Melbourne) so I'm tucked away inside my apartment. It made me think of the song My Favourite Things in The Sound of Music. I'm also drinking Jansz sparkling and eating macarons from Cacao on Fitzroy Street - I'll post on these later... when Chris and I have eaten them all.



These Macro Spicy BBQ corn chips are delicious! I went to Thomas Dux today and bought them and they're already gone, they are that good. I'm still kicking myself I didn't buy corn and tomato salsa dip to go with them.




My fridge! Complete with three of my favourite things to drink. Gin, sparkling mineral water and wine. This Delatite Gewurztraminer is one of my favourite wines to drink. I was always really embarassed about ordering this variety because I didn't know how to say it. I drink sparkling mineral water instead of water and blame this on 80s excess.



I bought this painting for myself for Valentine's Day from Chapel St Bazaar a few years ago. When I moved into my new place I hung it above my head, a few months later it fell on my head in the middle of the night. It was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me, it also really hurt. I love their manes.



I wear these rings everyday. From the left: water sapphire from Sri Lanka, my father designed the next ring when he was living in Bali in the 70s, I bought this fox ring from The Design Markets - I think he looks like the fantastic Mr Fox. The rings are sitting on my Have You Met Miss Jones dish from their Woodland Collection.




This top is from Alpha 60 and I love it. It's a bit crinkled because I just unpacked my bags from the Gold Coast. Can you see the Rhino eye?




I love my books, there's everything from serious biogs to chick lit. My favourite book is On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. It may be teen lit. but it is absolutely beautiful. I like to read it every month. Read it, it will change the way you breathe.



I hope it stops raining so I can go to dinner tonight. I don't want to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment