Sunday, August 8, 2010

off and racing

On Saturday I went to Racing Rewards Raceday at Flemington. It was such a beautiful day which started with a cocktail party at 11am, then High Tea with a few punts in between.

I didn't have any success on the horsies but I did manage to eat a lot of pastry and drink a lot of champagne. The lack of chicken sandwiches was only a little disappointing.

I love everything about the races - horses, betting, headwear, champagne! The last time I went I met Takeover Target and then was stuck in a 10 x 10 marquee next to the track when that freak hail storm hit in March. It was quite entertaining (actually, my favourite raceday ever) but for a brief few seconds I thought we all might die.

I bought this new hat as I thought it was quite suitable for winter racing. I think it also goes well with my The Who poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment